Subject: Re[2]: How to contribute?

Re[2]: How to contribute?

From: Basil 2 <basil.2_at_mail.ru>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2018 11:36:55 +0300

                    Hi again!

>2. feel free to discuss your design/implementation here on the list or in the
>    PR early so that you don't spend a lot of time/effort on something the
>    team doesn't agree is the proper way forward
Okay, I am going to copy-paste existing CNAME implementation from A-type or PTR-type packets. And do the same with tests.

1. However, from-A and from-PTR implementations are slightly different. From-A (and AAAA) CNAME implementation has TTL, and PTR's CNAME implementation has not. Since neither PTR nor TXT has no TTL, I guess it's better to pick CNAME implementation from PTR.

2. Also tests are different - A-packet has much more tests (around CNAME) then PTR-packet. From one side, more tests is better. From other side, PTR-packet CNAME implementation is quite simplier than A-packet implementation. I am still thinking which tests should I choose for copying.

WBR,
Vasily.