Subject: Re: ares_init.c:1614: error: 'for' loop initial declaration used outside C99 mode

Re: ares_init.c:1614: error: 'for' loop initial declaration used outside C99 mode

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 12:30:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 18 Jul 2020, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

> I was not sure what Daniel is aiming for - c89 or c99.

I always aimed for c89 to remain functional even for the most stubborn legacy
compilers, as that's where we draw the line for curl and I've always wanted
c-ares to be a viable option for curl builds on all platforms curl can build
on.

Also, because I've never seen or felt any strong benefits in switching over to
C99.

But as I've been reducing my presense and maintainer activities in c-ares, I
don't want to suggest or impose that my opinion is much stronger than anyone
elses'. It's a discussion that could be worth having if someone thinks we
should go there.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se